In this article, you would be provided with a guide for you to search for the exceptional longboard sliding wheels to purchase. Are you planning to cruise the streets like a pro? Do you want to go out and explore an unusual ride in the city? How about taking a trip without you getting tired of driving? All you need is a piece of longboard that can help you have the adventurous trip you want.
Longboard wheels come with a variety of types. Some of these types are made especially for your sliding, cruising, free riding, or drifting as well. Petrochemical or also referred to as Polyurethane, is what comprises these longboard wheels. The material used makes it bouncy and grippy. You should choose the proper longboard wheel shape and size for your safety.
There is a significant distinction between more enormous and tinier wheels. With respect to a bigger one, you would be able to turn faster over uneven surfaces. When it comes to smaller ones, you could barely even have rolled as this can make all the essential changes. Your ride depends on the riding style and the surface you are tracking. Some type of wheels is more suitable than others. A rider can never change the body of the streets, but you have full control over how to enjoy your longboarding.
The variety of longboard wheels gives you a fantastic experience. There are a lot of factors that you must take into consideration as these get to contribute to an excellent longboarding experience of your own. A terrain factor plays a significant part in that experience. A rider should be well-equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills for him or her to have a more well-experienced board. On the other hand, beginners could possibly use such aboard as well for as long as he or she gets to be familiar with the necessary things for consideration.
For beginners, less elevated terrain is most suitable. You are restricted from cruising. The terrain surface will help you determines and feel the smoothness of the ride. This will then enable one to distinguish what type would actually be best for use. Also, it helps one to know its wheelbase and other board characteristics to be utilized during your ride. Anyway, the more thrill and challenge you have as your terrain, the more enjoying your experience will be. However, this requires skillful and competent riders.
The weight of the rider contributes to the accelerating and decelerating of the longboards. The heavy the rider is, the slower the acceleration. The lighter the rider is, the faster the acceleration. In ones riding experience, some of the longboard characteristics play a significant part includes; longboard wheels, board material, board flex, and longboard trucks.
The material used in making a longboard provides a better ride. Some popular materials for the construction of longboard are maple, bamboo, and carbon fiber. Maple longboards are suitable for rough and hard riding because it is sturdy and durable. Bamboo longboards are what are best and ideal, especially for a newbie. They are light and flexible, so they are easy to carry and use for cruising and street carving. Carbon fiber longboards are preferred by pro riders for their speed and ease of controlling when turning, carving, drifting, and sliding. Such longboards are so costly and lightweight but rest assured these are strong.
Stability, speed, grip, and the full experience are significantly determined by the wheels of the longboard. Rougher rides are due to smaller wheels but are resulting in faster acceleration. Slower acceleration is due to larger wheels but will provide you with smoother riding experience. The best way to enjoy longboarding is doing it again and again.
You would never really be considered as someone who is free if you have not yet experienced having risky situations with respect to using your longboards with you, especially during your travels. Longboarding is much more beyond your imagination. You are not just drifting, sliding, cruising, but you are taking opportunities your whole life must try. Longboarding is a sport or culture popular among young individuals as well as mature ages. Longboarding unites riders and creates a sense of respect for what they love doing. So, why is there a need then for you to experience longboarding?
Below are some benefits of engaging with such sports.
Living the life of your own principles and likes without any constraints is what gives you liberty. Longboarding makes you realize the vast stage of life where you trigger your inner you in taking risks while having fun.
A right balance is an indicator of good health and life. You have to balance to save life and face circumstances.
It is a must for one to have an enhanced and improved hand and eye coordination if he or she is engaging with longboarding. A rider should generally be aware of his terrain than an average person.
It is a perfect daily dose of exercise that you need to improve.
5. Lower Body Strength
It uses more of your foot and the muscles on it. It strengthens your body, making it well improved.
6. Overall Fitness
All the bodies are incorporated in longboarding. This is achieved in this sport.
7. Sex appeal
One value-added of being a longboarder. So being physically active is something you must always get used to.
8. Saves time
Such activity could actually grant you sail beyond busy roads as if such do not even exist. You must not let the traffic and delays of the cruel world hold you back from traveling to your destinations.
9. Quick Getaways
You can always immediately go to something with your longboards. No hassle, no restrictions.
There you do not need any air going out on your ride. It is a nature help of reducing gases in the atmosphere. Whether you are using a skateboard or longboard, both give stability.
Longboarding does not require much equipment; you will just need a helmet, longboard, pads, and a pair of shoes. What are some of the techniques you should use during longboarding? Here are some of which.
This type is using your board for commuting. Cruisers have a pointed nose and slightly rounded tail. The nose on a pintail is more sharply rounded, and its tail tapers to a defined point.
2. Freestyling or freeriding
It is showing off a range of skills when you are into technical downhill riding.
Suitable for twisty roads or great for carving and sliding.
4. Finding your footing
You should practice your stance on a smooth, flat surface that is free of traffic. Stand on the center of the board, bend your knees and crouch down, then stand back up. Foot placement depends on how you are riding.
5. Pushing Off
In this manner, you must take off your back foot on your longboard and, instead, put it on the ground. For you to move, simply push off with this foot. You can push many times or just make one big push. Upon moving, you then got to put your foot back on the longboard. Simple as that!
6. Stopping on a longboard
Getting your moving is essential, as well as of stopping. If you cannot control your longboard and you keep going fast, jumping off probably can help. Although it sounds reckless, it is not.
7. Pre- Drifting
This manner is usually done before you deal with a sharp turn. This lets you uphold more dominance by scrubbing off considerable amounts of speed prior to directing towards corners.
It is the act of pushing yourself. This is done in a sequence of turns in accordance with precision.
It is just the usual definition of dancing for in longboarding. This is the act of using your board as your dance floor. You get to deal with a sequence of steps to move around the board in an elegant manner.
10. Foot Braking
This is a structure that encompasses a rider having his or her foot off the board. After this, one slowly puts it on the ground.
What are some of the safety terms you must remember during longboarding? The following terms include:
Half Shell Helmet covers the top and back of your head;
Full-Cut Helmet is also called the full shell. It is designed to cover the top and back of your head along with your ears. This type of Helmet is also used by wakeboarders and kayak aficionados, but is now favored to skateboarders;
Full Face Helmet is a type of Helmet that covers your entire head and jawline;
Slide Gloves is made of a unique material designed to be durable which provide smooth slides along the pavement;
Knee pads are pads that protect the knees from damage when a rider falls upon them; elbow pads- these pads protect the elbows from damage when a rider falls upon them;
Knee Gasket is an extra pad worn under knee pads in order to give the knees more cushion when a rider falls on them.
As a rider, it is your responsibility to know and be familiarized with the terms needed in longboarding. Below are some of those:
1. The core is the skeleton of the wheel. It comes in different shapes and sizes.
2. The contact patch is the area of the wheel that comes into contact with the ground.
3. Urethane is the rubber that wheels and bushings are made out of. There are various companies that make use of diverse urethane wheels. Thus, such would let you feel a variety of feelings as well.
4. Sharp Lip offers you with a lot of grips. This is what is referred to as the lip of the wheel. These lips are commonly used on racing wheels.
Longboarding can take you hours, so quality is crucial in selecting the appropriate type of longboard wheels. It is like choosing your path in your life. You must think of your safety in all other things. The thrill is always there and is a part of longboarding. In life, longboarding is just achieving your goals for when you arrived at your destinations. It is such a great feeling of success and adventure you would have. Indeed, it is a must that you live your life to its fullest because if not, you will regret half of your life for not trying.
In the streets of different countries, longboarding is popular. You got to see in their faces the love for what they are doing and the passion for longboarding. This sport will give you a different twist of experience once you’ve tried it. And selecting the best longboarding wheels will help you a lot. Longboarding is excellent, even during summer. The weather is nice, and you can enjoy it as long as you want without any restrictions.
Longboarding has a good impact on young generations today because they got satisfaction while having fun with their companies. Taking risks while having fun is the top reason for young to choose and try this sport. Everywhere you can saw riders in the street making tricks and cruising. All gender is trying it out, because why not? Nothing terrible might happen. You just have to be careful and think of your safety while riding.
Many companies designed wheels suited for different types of rider and for varying kinds of terrain they are going to cruise. Longboarding is also an excellent way to work out since it uses your whole body as well as your awareness in the surroundings. Longboarding does not have an age limit as long as you want. You are not restricted to try.
Many are not aware of the safety precautions when riding, so accidents happen. Different techniques are used in skateboarding and longboarding, and these will give an extraordinary experience. Longboarding is a great escape to a busy city. You will realize the beauty of nature once you’ll travel. The fresh air you will breathe is one appreciation of the beauty of it. You should think of buying the best longboard wheels brands available in the store.
The first important thing you should consider in selecting longboard wheels is their sizes. A lot of longboard wheels have their measures of 64- 80 mm in diameter. Its usual length is actually 70 mm. There are several factors to be taken into deliberation when choosing longboard wheels. Below are some types of longboard wheels that will serve as your guide.
LONGBOARD WHEEL SIZE
The first thing to consider in choosing your wheels is if it will fit on to your setup. Sizes contribute to how fast and slow you’ll get in a ride. So you better choose the right wheels for your longboards.
LONGBOARD WHEEL SHAPE
As the terms suggest, which talks about a square-shaped one, this is a thick square edge that gets your wheel gripper. This type of wheel is best if you are fond of downhill boarding. This is for the reason that it would let you hold your grip in a speedy manner.
Edges that are rounded let traction breaks quickly. Likewise, it provides you a smoother shift into its slides. They are great options for cruising, freeriding, and stand up sliding. They are lighter.
LONGBOARD WHEEL HARDNESS (DUROMETER)
What is measured by a durometer is the wheels’ resistance. Harder wheels or those who have 83-88a will slow you less and have a tendency to slide along across the surface. This is a right choice for riding at a slower speed. Softer wheels or those who have 75-80a slow you fast and have a tendency to smudge on the surface. These wheels are more convenient if you happen to go with much speediness.
LONGBOARD WHEEL CORES
centerset LONGBOARD WHEELS
This core is found on wheels for sliding. They can be flipped around and lengthen their life. They have the most effective grip.
SIDESET LONGBOARD WHEELS
It has a core that is placed close to the inner lip of the wheel.
OFFSET LONGBOARD WHEELS
These wheels give the rider the best. It has cores that are placed between centers and sides.
Grip more; rides smoother; a variety of shapes
Often uneven wear; unpredictable
Predictable; breaks loose easily; urethane is supported
Rides harder; can lack grip
12 Best Longboard Sliding Wheels That Make You Love Drifting
- 70mm diameter x 51mm width;83a durometer polyurethane wheels
- There comes with ABEC-7 high steel bearings and spacers, which have been installed on wheels.
- The pro longboard wheels roll pretty smooth, it's very durable for street skating as well as on skate park terrain.
- The wheels are better for PU material,it rides fast and smooth,you can go over small road pebbles with ease.
- I think you would like to dress up your skateboard,the delicate design with dot pattern enhanced your wheels all entire series interest.
- 70mm 83a Cruising Skateboard Wheels
- Comes ABEC 7 oil filled Bearings (May come in yellow or black shield)
- Comes with Bearing Spacers (Black)
- Good Longboard Skateboard Cruising and Carving Wheels
- Ideal for Cruising and Carving
- [SIZE] Freedare skateboard wheels with bearings are 60mm 83A polyurethane material. The size of wheel is 60mm (diameter) X 45mm (width). The bearing is 22mm X 8mm, which have been installed on wheels.
- [APPLICATIONS] The 60mm wheels are suitable for beginners when playing skateboard, longboard or cruising. It can be using all ground, ramps, sidewalk, smooth concrete or asphalt.
- [STRONG QUALITY] Freedare 83A hardness PU material is perfect durable, stable, quiet. It slides fast and smooth, it also features a grippy edge that helps going downhill.
- [GREAT WHEELS FOR TRICKS] They are black cores with three LED lights wrapped in 83A lucency PU high-grade urethane. They roll pretty durable for street skating and extremely smooth on skate park terrain. It's light bright when playing because of the three LED lights.
- [BEST PRICE AND SERVICE] We provide you high performance products as well as the price. We offer a 30-day return on all complete wheels. We sincerely appreciate you like all our products.
- VERSATILE FREERIDE WHEELS – The Orangatang Stimulus is the perfect mid-sized longboard wheel for freestyle tricks, dancing, and freeriding.
- PERFECTLY SIZED – At 70mm in diameter, the Stimulus is large enough to carry plenty of speed and roll over debris while still being light and quick for tricks and slides.
- SMOOTH SLIDES – Rounded lips and a stone-ground contact patch ensure smooth, predictable slides right out of the box and throughout the life of the wheel.
- HAPPY THANE – The original Orangatang urethane formula is smooth, plush, and grippy with a buttery-smooth slide.
- STRONG, SUPPORTIVE CORE – The encapsulated core maintains a smooth ride and supports the lips for crisp slides and even wear.
- LONGBOARD PARTS SET: It inclouds longboard trucks 7 inch hanger / 9.75 inch Axle, longboard wheels 70mm, skateboard bearings Abec 7, skateboard screws 1.5", skateboard riser pads 6mm, skateboard spacer
- REVERSE KINGPIN SKATEBOARD TRUCKS ( RKP trucks): This is 7inch hanger Aluminum trucks w/ 90a hardness bushions and 6-hole baseplates, which are are the standard for downhill and freeride longboards.
- VARIETY COLOR WHEELS: The longboard wheel is 70mm x 51mm 78a durometer. These wheels are good for roads, sidewalks, driveways. And the color inclues black, blue, red, neon green, gel black, gel blue, gel red and gel green.
- 608 STANDARD ABEC 7 SKATEBORD BEARINGS, This skateboard bearings is most common 608 industry standard and match up with nearly every skate wheel. The measurements are 8mm (core), 22mm (outer diameter), and 7mm (width).
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING: The perfect gift for both professionals and novices, this longboard accessory kit has reliable, high-quality parts that come in one convenient package.
- 100mm x 65mm all-terrain longboard wheels
- Cast with 78a super-high-rebound urethane for unparalleled speed
- Perfect addition to any long boarder's quiver
- Add off-road capabilities to your existing longboards
- Ride sidewalks and pavement hard packed dirt or short grass
- DOWNHILL LONGBOARDING WHEELS – Designed for maximum speed and grip for downhill skateboard racing, hard carving, pumping, and long-distance pushing.
- ROLL OVER ANYTHING – With a large 80mm diameter, the Kegels roll with breakneck speed and plow over cracks, rocks, sticks, and the roughest roads.
- MAXIMUM TRACTION – Sharp, square lips provide maximum grip while still sliding smoothly when desired.
- HAPPY THANE – The original Orangatang urethane formula is smooth, plush, and grippy with a buttery-smooth slide.
- LARGE, SUPPORTIVE CORE – The fully exposed 46mm core reduces weight while providing quick acceleration and crisp slides.
- Wheel size: 60mm diameter x 45mm width; Durometer count: 83A Polyurethane wheels.
- Set of 4 wheels.There comes with ABEC-7 high steel bearings and spacers, which have been installed on wheels.
- They roll pretty smooth,very durable for street skating and extremely smooth on skate park terrain.
- These wheels are perfect for cruise board. They are great for cruising and many early street tricks.They can also do well on smooth concrete or asphalt.
- There is delicate packaging,and the design keeps boards cool. It is better for gift.
- 60mm Diameter
- 78A durometer
- Great over rough terrain and in wet conditions
- BIG, SMOOTH LONGBOARD WHEELS — Designed for maximum speed, comfort, and momentum for longboard commuting, carving, long-distance pushing, pumping, and electric longboards.
- FAST AND COMFORTABLE — With a large 85mm diameter, the Caguama rolls with incredible speed and plows over cracks, rocks, sticks, and the roughest roads.
- FUNCTIONAL DESIGN — The 56mm contact patch with its surface skin provides confident grip, while the subtly rounded edges help the wheels pass smoothly across pavement cracks.
- HAPPY THANE FORMULA — The original Orangatang urethane formula is fast, smooth, plush, and grippy.
- LARGE, SUPPORTIVE CORE — The fully exposed 46mm core reduces weight while providing quick acceleration and lots of momentum. Compatible with any electric skateboard that can accommodate Orangatang Kegels, allowing for an even faster and smoother ride.
- LARGE, GRIPPY LONGBOARD WHEELS - Designed for maximum speed, grip and comfort. Ideal for cruising, carving, pumping, long distance, commuting and DIY electric skateboarding.
- FAST & POWERFUL - With a 90 mm diameter, the kiloVolts are able to maintain high speeds with their incredible momentum while powering over cracks and other debris in your way.
- SOFT & COMFORTABLE - The 78A hardness makes these super soft and grippy. This make the kiloVolts ride like a dream!
- HIGH INERTIA DESIGN - The light weight, stiff cores push all of the weight of the wheel their perimeter. This allows the wheels to maintain high speeds effortless glide.
- EBOARD COMPATIBLE - The kiloVolts are compatible with most diy electric skateboard belt hubs available on the market.
- 70mm x 52mm (Set of 4)
- Wheels Hardness: 80a
- Set of Eight (8) ABEC 7 Bearings
- For Longboard Cruiser Wheels
- Set of Four (4) 8mm x 10mm Bearing Spacers
People who buy longboard wheels seek a fantastic experience of traveling without driving, riding without the hustle, and enjoying the scenery while in a ride. Parts of Longboards are designed carefully to prevent accidents and loose attachment of the cores. You might see it risky because you are dealing with roads that are crowded with different vehicles, and you just have your longboards with you, but you probably notice that it’s a useful way of using it. It is easy to carry, portable, and hustle free.
Most people make use of it for tricks, some it’s a passion, some it’s a sport, and some, it is their life. Why do you think people try longboards instead of buying an excellent way of transportation? You will only realize it if you tried it. Better escape is trying something new or out of the box. And one from the list is longboarding—a must-try adventure.
Skateboarding and longboarding can be done and must be tried with friends. It is enjoyable when you are many stories to tell when friends are there, and you build a stronger foundation for your friendship. You also have the time to be independent of all the people around you. You have the time to think of yourself and dig deeper into the situations you’ve been facing. It is a right way of unwinding the stress and just letting it go while you are on a ride with your longboard. It is an excellent opportunity to make friends and knowing yourself better.
You have all the time in the world to do amazing things, and many companies are helping you out to achieve those. Check out their websites in order to find and pick the right longboards that matched you as a rider. Best longboard encounters are those things that made you change them so that it will be a better you in the bottom line. At first glance, it is unacceptable when females ride on a skateboard or longboards, well, change is permanent, and in this century, now males and females are equal. Male do massive and risky sports as well as females.
Longboarding is a quick getaway. You can have to lessen boredom and elevates the inner you. Sports have rules and precautions, but their purpose is for the enjoyment of their players or riders. People of today love strange experiences that boost their confidence and agility. It is something they will not forget and will just do it again and again.
Primarily, you do things which you usually do, something that you are already familiar with, things that you are confident of doing, but the sense of excitement is missing. So the result is already anticipated, there isn’t new to you anymore. In longboarding, all of the experiences you will need is at hand. Longboard wheels and the longboard itself is a lovely gift to give for friends and colleagues.
Longboarding is just one of the many sports you can try. The good thing about longboarding is that it is a cardio exercise that helps you improve your agility. It is also a right balance between the busy you and the more relaxed side of you. Every sport has its pros and cons, and you should be familiarizing them. Freedom is also felt in longboarding since you only have yourself and your thing, the longboards that make you feel free.
Life is short, and commonly they said enjoy while it is there. So why not put on your bucket list the word longboarding and try it right away. Other people think that it is risky and need a high skill for longboarding, yes that is true, but you will learn them well as you go along the ride. It is hard for beginners, and it is hard to begin, but with your enthusiasm to learn, you will surely succeed in it.
Things that are hard from the start will give you satisfaction in the end as you carry it, so better practice and let your soul comes with you in loving longboarding. It is doing beyond your capacity since you will do it for the first time; you probably do it again and again once you perfect it. In every situation in longboarding, the stuff that you must put in mind is your diligence, enthusiasm, and love of passion. It is nothing you must not worry; however, it is something you just looked into doing in the future. Longboarding is a significant way of making yourself better.
You are creating new experiences that will be memorable throughout your journey—building a right circle of colleagues that will serve as your companion. Doing a strange experience and realizing that you are incredible for doing longboarding. Do it again and again, and love longboarding. See for the best brands of longboarding wheels and have fun.