Let me guess…. You are a scuba diver or one who’s interested in taking on the adventure. In that case, you’ve come to the right place.
Scuba diving is one of the most attractive extreme sports that anyone can enjoy. The thrill of the waves and the rush of the depth of the seas and oceans are some reasons. I am sure of what you have in mind at this moment. Most importantly, being able to explore the beauty underneath the vast blue seas gives the hype of being in a different world with only the good things in life to witness. Imagine yourself being surrounded by the most wonderful creatures this world has to offer.
With enjoyment comes the responsibility of keeping oneself safe. It’s simply the very first thing to take note of when doing activities, in general. Especially with a risky adventure like scuba diving, your safety is not something to take for granted. Remember that you are about to verge into the deepest part of the seas, and the environment is completely different from surface waters.
To assure you of your safety, you must have the necessary diving equipment and accessories. With these, you can be confident to dive into the depths of the sea without the worry of getting into trouble. One of these diving gears is the diving mask. You probably want to know the best scuba mask to use for the adventure of your life. And you probably think that this will be a difficult task for you considering the variety and quantity of masks available in the market. Guess what?! I’ve taken the job, and here’s what I have for you.
I’ve got you twelve (12) of the best scuba masks there is! Let’s take a look at these options. This will surely meet the considerations we have like underwater vision, facial structures, materials used, and aesthetics.
SCUBAPRO SYNERGY TRUFIT TWIN MASK
- Mask with Mask Box
- Scubapro Synergy 2 Trufit Mask:
- Trufit Ultra-Soft Skirt Technically-Developed to Fit Any-and-Every Face Shape
- Unique-Rigidity Allows Perfect Seal and Comfort
- Two-Different Thicknesses:Thicker-&-Firmer, w/Matt-Finish Near Mask Frame; Provides Needed Support & RigiditySilicone Contouring Face is Thinner Giving Softer-Feeling, for Truly-Unique Fit & Seal
As its name suggests, the mask is known for its perfect fit to any shape or size of the face. Its TRUFIT Ribbing technology gives a comfortable fit to anyone who’s using it. This assures your mask to be leakage-free. It also gives the finest visibility underwater as its lenses extend down to your cheekbones. It has a dual-tempered glass for the two wide windows for a clearer view.
HOLLINS M1 FRAMELESS MASK
- Frameless 100% pure silicon skirt
- Saint-Gobain Diamant - Crystal Clear Lens
- Wide vision and low volume
- Completely dry top snorkel prevents water entry when submerged
- Large exhaust and purge valve at bottom for easy water clearing
The mask’s frameless design gives this brand an edge against other brands. The lenses have low iron content ensuring that you get plenty of light needed to see underwater. Its material is that of a crystal-clear Saint-Gobain Diamant tempered glass for the lenses. Its skirt is purely made of silicone with a strap and buckle that is easy to adjust. It’s also watertight and is super comfortable to use. If you’re into minimalist designs and sleek black color, this one’s the thing for you.
- Lenses Precisely Fit to Main Lens for Nearly Uninterrupted Field of View
- Tempered Glass Lenses, Tough and Durable Polycarbonate Frame
- Soft 100% High-Quality Silicone Rubber Skirt
- Double Feathered Edge Skirt for Perfect Seal on Face
- Quick-Adjust Ratcheting Mask Strap Buckles
If you’re an entry-level diver or snorkeler, Cressi Panoramic is a good option to have. Its skirt is made of liquid silicone and with a skirt that is available in both black and clear colors. The lenses provide a wider panoramic and peripheral vision. It comes with a top snorkel making it more difficult for water to leak into the mask. This mask is good to own, especially if you are an underwater photographer. Reviews just have a minor issue on the ridge found near the bridge of the nose. It may also fog even when you treat the mask.
- Highest grade 100% liquid silicone skirt for an exceptional fit and long life
- Sturdy lightweight frame
- Stylish Low volume design for wide field-of-view and easy clearing
- Tempered glass lens for safety
- Easy adjusting buckles for convenience
Although this one is non-panoramic, it still offers a wider view of its surroundings. What’s good about this one is that it is stylish and at the same time lightweight. Its strap is made of neoprene perfect for you who looks for comfort and ideal fit. The skirt is made of the best quality silicone, giving a perfect mold for your face. This brand is available in purple, red and aqua colors for people of different liking. If you’re on a budget, this one will give more than the value of your money. The only issue we got for this one is that the lenses are somewhat too close to the face and, of course, not as durable as others that are available in higher amounts.
- Flexible Silicone for Leak-Proof, Comfort Seal: Skirt and strap come in soft, supple silicone, which molds to the shape of your face for comfortable fit and watertight seal. No more leaks or discomfort.
- Tempered-Glass Lens for Safety: Forget flimsy plastic lenses! This one is quality tempered glass, which resists scratching and shattering.
- Convenient Buckle for Easy Adjustment: Simply pull the straps to desired fit and the buckle will hold the straps securely in place. Presto: customized comfort.
- Rugged Enough for Scuba Diving: Thanks to its sturdy construction, your mask can stand up to all kinds of wear - from snorkeling in the pool to deep-sea scuba diving.
- One-Piece Lens: A snorkel mask should help you see better, not obstruct part of your view. Now you can enjoy all the underwater scenery clearly.
This new company is starting to stamp its name on the tablet of history for companies that offer good quality products for scuba diving, paving the way easier for them to penetrate the present market with the introduction of their products. Their scuba mask has a basic and simple design perfect for those who are not after very stylish and out-of-the-box designs. It has a thick wide skirt made of silicone. The materials allow a perfect seal covering the majority of your face. It also comes with an adjustable strap providing more comfort for divers like you. The mask is available in different colors ranging from clear/light blue up to red and black. The advantages of this mask are the simple yet effective design that fits most shapes of faces and a very this nose area making it easy to pinch for equalizing. Advantages are that this mask’s strap is too thin that it may break or snap if not handled or used properly and is quite bulky. However, the mask provides exceptional value for what it costs.
- Ultra-clear dual lens design is low volume for easy clearing plus offers maximum field of view.
- Lenses are made from tempered glass for safety and long-term durability.
- Universal skirt design is super comfortable and fits a variety of face shapes.
- Push-button buckles that attach to the skirt adjust easily to achieve a perfect fit.
- EZ Equalize nose pocket makes simple work of equalizing.
When it comes to looks and physical appearance, this mask’s one to be proud to have. It has ultra-clear lenses but is also available in tinted ones. Some are tinted to reduce glare and have a clearer view when underwater. Top grade silicone is used as material for the skirt and the split-type strap. The frames are duotone giving it a classy appearance, thanks to the metallic paint used for the purpose. Good things about the product are the ultra-clear lenses that give extra clarity to colors, and metallic paint finish. However, this mask tends to be too big for divers with smaller faces. It may also give discomfort to people who have prominent facial bone structures. It also has a very small nose pocket.
AQUA LUNG TEKNIKA
The name is really intended for technical divers for this one. Being one of the best scuba masks, this one has a shock-absorbent frame secured with stainless steel screws and bolts. This makes the mask sturdier. It reduces the chance of corrosion even after a very long exposure to seawater. Attached to the skirt is the buckle system that has a quick-release function making it easy to remove or adjust. If you want to feel a different diving experience, you got to have this one. The skirt is also made of silicone that is low in volume. It is only available in black. Teknika is one of the most comfortable diving masks in the market. The skirt also provides a perfect fit for the face regardless of facial hair. The tinted lens makes you stand out in a sea of divers! Who wouldn’t want the attention, right? However, the tinted lenses make it not appropriate for night diving. Another thing is that the buckle is difficult to lockdown.
SCUBAPRO SOLO ONE WINDOW MASK
- A modern low profile, clear and open-view single lens mask.
- Dual colored frameless single-lens design for signifi cantly increased field of vision
- Crystal clear double sealed silicone skirt for superior fit and comfort.
- Non-slip strap with easy adjustable buckle. | Tempered glass lens.
- Low volume design for easy clearing
Scubapro is one of the leading brands when it comes to scuba diving equipment and accessories. You see, two of its products make it to this list. This one, though, has a one-window tempered glass lens for the purpose of optimizing the diver’s vision field. It also has a one-hand nose pocket that makes it reachable. It also includes a strap that is non-slip with adjustable buckles. Its strap is wide and is of split-type. Its skirt is made of crystal-clear silicone, making it fit snuggly on anyone’s face even if you have facial hairs. It takes pride in its durability and high quality making it any diver’s favorite! This one’s a sure-fire investment you will never ever regret!
- UltraClear Iron-free glass
- Soft silicone body with a double silicone face skirt
- Single lens frameless design with wide angle of vision
- Fits most standard-to-wide faces
- Will accommodate facial hair and high brows
If you don’t want a scuba mask that has a frame, this one is something you should have! This one is an excellent option for divers of varying diving skills and levels. It provides a wider vision because of its big window that is made of tempered glass. Since it does not have a frame, the silicone skirt gives it a better fit for any diver’s facial structure and shape. You also do not have to worry about leaks with this type of scuba mask. It has a one-hand nose pocket making it easy to clear water. You would also love its sleek design-build with exceptional durability making it worth any penny you’d spend.
CRESSI EYES EVOLUTION CRYSTAL MASK
- The Eyes Evolution mask is one of the adult high-end masks in the market suitable for scuba diving, snorkeling and freediving.
- Features inclined and inverted tear-drop lenses to improve downward visibility, a Cressi's patented design (US 6272693).
- The field of view is particularly wide, laterally and in the lower zone. The lenses are made of tempered glass.
- The easy-to-use Integrated Buckles (Cressi patented technology) are integrated with the frame with a swivel system for quickly strap length adjustment.
- Made of dark soft hypoallergenic silicone to ensure comfort and a perfect seal.
Since there is a very limited number of scuba masks catered for women in the market, Cressi have developed one for the feminine market. This one is specifically engineered for women making something that would the woman’s face perfectly. It is obviously smaller than the BIG EYES variant from the same manufacturer. The mask features a hypoallergenic silicone skirt that provides an excellent fit giving comfort for the users because of its exceptional softness. Its lenses are also made of tempered glass for clearer visibility. Its skirt is made of translucent double-feathered silicone with a strap providing comfort around the head. No doubt, Cressi is one to remember when having to consider the best scuba mask to have!
TUSA FREEDOM HD MASK
No products found.
This mask has a single super-wide tempered glass lens providing an unobstructed viewing field. It provides a strap that is designed to fit perfectly to any face shape with its 3D wide split type model. Its buckles can rotate 180 degrees with a large nose pocket for ear equalization. its competitive advantage is that it can provide superior comfort and is secured from leaks. This makes it one of the best scuba masks in the market today. Take note, this one’s worth the value you pay and more!
TUSA FREEDOM CEOS
- Low profile, low-volume 2-window teardrop design
- Equipped with Freedom Technology
- Skirt mounted Quick-Adjust Buckle System
- Round-edge skirt for maximum fit and comfort
- 3-D strap for ideal anatomical fit
This mask is something that gives a diver great comfort and fit. The skirt is made of silicone sealing every part of the mask to prevent leakage. It also has a dimpled surface called a buckling point intended for more flexibility in moving your head. For making facial expressions, too! Below the cheekbones, you can find stability ridges for lesser compression when going deeper into the seas. It is a two-window style mask with a silicone skirt. It is available in black or clear skirt with a variety of colored frames top choose from. It can also fit small and petite faces for younger divers and is suitable for prescription lenses. Disadvantages are it could not fit adult faces and if you have long hair, they might get tangled in the buckles.
There they are – the best among the best when it comes to scuba diving masks. Please know that whatever type of mask you would purchase must be based on a lot of considerations. You consider your budget and your preference for diving style. There may be things that will be worth every penny you spend, and this one’s not one you’ll regret investing. If it’s for your own safety, money is never a tough consideration to take.
Take a look at a lot of options and, if possible, visit a physical store so you can freely choose and see for yourself the quality of these products. However, if you’re confident enough with the brand, online shopping may be considered. Think also of the ease of payment and other related matters.
I hope this helps you decide on what to purchase. Remember, nothing is more worrying that having your life put on the line. Having high quality diving gears with you is something to look forward to. Being safe underwaters during your dive lessens future expenses. I hope you find what is most comfortable for you, and it is only you who can finally decide on your diving gear.
Have a safe dive, and may you have the best experience ever!